Travel Plus renewal changes & new PJH B2B system from 1st February 2014
We are delighted to announce that we will be launching our new B2B trading platform on 1st February 2014.
This will enable Brokers to transact business with us across a range of schemes including, initially: Travel Plus, Adventures and Global Shield (PA & Travel). It will be a full cycle system allowing Brokers to obtain quotations, issue cover, effect renewals and present risks to our Underwriting team.
This new B2B system will replace our existing Travel Plus and Adventures systems. We will be adding other products throughout 2014 with the intention of making all our schemes available on B2B.
We will be writing to Brokers separately nearer the launch; in the meantime if you would like a demo login, please contact the Broker Support Team on 0845 230 3526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claims costs continue to rise
It will come as no great surprise that Medical Claims costs continue to rise at an alarming rate. Across a mix of schemes, we have seen average costs increase by 60% in the last 4 years. As you would expect the USA is one of the greatest challenges with the Obama Reforms already impacting on charges being made to non-US Nationals.
Higher numbers of people travelling to long-haul destinations presents additional challenges to assistance service providers (and hence insurers) due to a lack of adequate medical resources and high repatriation costs – examples include China, Nepal and Vietnam. Closer to home, costs being levied in Spain continue to rise with similar patterns in other popular destinations such as Turkey and Portugal.
Cancellation claims costs are also rising due mainly to the popularity of Cruises and “all-Inclusive” holidays – indeed the Package Holiday is now back in vogue!
What does this mean for Travel Insurance? Inevitably premiums have to at least keep pace with the claims costs. The travel insurance product offerings should also reflect what the customer needs. And so, on to Travel Plus.
Travel Plus 2013/14 – renewal changes effective from 1 February 2014
There are a number of changes to our Travel Plus scheme.
Policy Cover changes
- Valuables limits increased - This is a response to many articles in the media about limits under travel policies not having moved with the times – we concur. Standard limit increased from £300 to £500 (SAL unchanged at £300); Premier/Premier Plus from £750 to £1,000 (SAL unchanged at £500).
- New Travel Consumer Dispute Cover - This new section applies to Premier & Premier Plus. Cover is provided up to £25,000 to pursue breaches of contract against the Tour Operator or Holiday Company; Travel Agent; Car Hire company; Transport provider: Airline, Ferry company, Train company, Cruise liner or Coach Operator; Hotelier or Property Owner.
- New Extended Kennel/Cattery fees – Cover for emergency boarding expenses for cats or dogs up to £250 (Standard) & £500 (Premier/Premier Plus) if the return home is delayed because of illness or injury.
- Policy Wording - This has been updated to include the new additions above. There are some technical changes but the underlying cover remains unchanged.
Travel Plus AMT 'Premier Plus' is the ideal policy for your clients (up to age 75 years) who require the highest levels of protection for their travels. It gets a 5 star rating on Defaqto.
- New Single Trip rating Area – Europe will now be split into 2 with higher rates applying to Andorra, Balearics, Canary Islands, Cyprus, Greece, Morocco, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey
- 18-40, 41-54, 70-75 and 76-79 age bands
- Selective rate increase – according to Age and Area
We have updated our direct website; this can be viewed at www.TravelPlusInsurance.co.uk If any Broker would like a dedicated link for their website, please contact Broker Support on 0845 230 3526 or email email@example.com.
PDF links to the new 2013/14 Sales Leaflet, Policy Wording, Summary of Cover & Underwriting Guide will be available on this website on 1st February 2014.
You can order new stock by contacting Broker Support on 0845 230 3526.
For those Brokers that use our self issue facility, you will shortly receive your new supply of Travel Plus 2013/14 Policy Booklets.
We are here to help
For assistance with your client's travel insurance requirements, please contact the Broker Support Team on 0845 230 3526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org - we'll be delighted to help!
P J Hayman & Company Limited
Telephone: 0845 230 3526
Fax: 023 9241 9019