Renewal changes for Travel Plus from 1st June 2016
New partnership with Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A.-N.V.,
Plus, cover improvements.
Dear Supporting Broker,
Further to our news post on 11th May 2016, I am pleased to provide further details of Travel Plus 2016/17 changes which are effective from 1st June 2016.
Change of Insurers
- Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A.-N.V. are taking over as our underwriters. They are an ‘A’ rated company, details of which can be found here.
- There are no changes as to how the claims and assistance works although new contact numbers have been allocated.
Cover & Limits
- Cover limits are increasing including:
- Medical (Unlimited for Premier Plus)
- Baggage (Single items, valuables, sports equipment etc.)
- Money & Passport
- Journey Disruption
- Single Trip will offer one level of cover – ‘Premier’ which is an enhanced version of ‘Standard’.
- Annual Multi-trip will offer two levels of cover – ‘Premier’ and ‘Premier Plus’
New Additional Covers
- Cruise Cover – a new section (included free on Annual Multi-trip), it includes cover for cruise attire, excursions, cabin confinement, a change of itinerary and emergency air evacuation.
- Business Travel – available as an option, it provides (dependent on the cover limit chosen):
- Business equipment up to £2,000 (Single item £1,000)
- Samples etc. up to £1,000
- Delay covers (courier) up to £250
- Double P.A. benefits
- Replacement Staff cover up to £1,000
- Consular Assist Service – a valuable new addition providing emergency assistance abroad for your clients. Details can be viewed here.
Cover for Channel Island residents only applies where the policy is being purchased in the Channel Islands and the Broker/Agent arranging cover is registered under the appropriate regulations to sell cover within the Channel Islands. Any Broker/Agent registered to conduct business in the Channel Islands must ensure they are regulated with the FCA to transact business for UK residents.
There will be some small rating adjustments – the first for 2 years.
Due to the change of Underwriter, we cannot at the present time offer the usual renewal facility. Between now and the 31st May 2016, instead of following the renewals process, please offer your Client a new quotation for a new policy.
Quotes provided and any sales made between now and 31st May 2016, will be issued on the current 2015/16 scheme underwritten by AmTrust Europe Limited. For those quotes provided or sales made on or after 1st June 2016, the new Underwriter’s terms, including revised premiums, will apply.
Please note: The Travel Plus B2C facility will be temporarily withdrawn from 1st June.
We are currently working on a new website build including a new responsive quote & buy journey. In the meantime, if you would like a B2C facility to be able to offer travel insurance via your own website, please call us on 02392 419 050 or email email@example.com.
Below are the links to the new 2016/17 documents:
You can order new supplies online or by contacting us on 02392 419 050.
NB: Please destroy your 2015/16 Travel Plus documents with immediate effect.
We are here to help
Thank you for your continued support.
Broker Development Manager
P J Hayman & Co Ltd