Introducing New Features To Free Spirit – Extended COVID-19 Cover
ALL new Free Spirit policies purchased from Wednesday 1st July will now include extended COVID-19 cover if an insured person has to cancel their trip due to being taken ill with or testing positive for COVID-19.
- Super cover – up to £2,500
- Super Duper cover – up to £5,000
Cancellation, found in Section A1 & Curtailment, found in section B3 of the policy.
Your proportion of costs that you have paid or agreed to pay that are directly related to your trip which you cannot get back from anyone else in the first instance, or which cannot be transferred or used for another purpose and results in a financial loss due to you being forced to cancel your trip because the following unexpectedly happened before you left home which you would not have been expected to foresee or avoid:
i. You, anyone insured on this policy, or a travelling companion, became ill, were injured or died;
ii. You, anyone insured on this policy, or a travelling companion, were diagnosed with an infectious disease within 14 days of your trip starting (including contracting Covid-19);
iii. You, anyone insured on this policy, or a household member had to isolate at home due to Covid-19;
iv. You, anyone insured on this policy, or a family member were hospitalised or died due to Covid-19;
This in addition to the existing cover as summarised below:
Emergency Medical & Associated Expenses, found in section B1 of the policy.
- Emergency medical and associated expenses up to £10m.
- Repatriation home if considered medically necessary.
- Additional cover on your return home following hospitalisation abroad.
- UK trip Non-Medical Cover: up to £10,000 for non-medical and other expenses incurred within the UK.
State hospital benefit, found in section B2 of the policy.
For each insured person this cover will pay as specified in your policy schedule, under your selected cover option:
- £30 per 24 hours up to £1,000 Super cover
- £50 per 24 hours up to £1,500 Super Duper cover
This is payable if an insured is admitted as a hospital in-patient in a public hospital abroad during the period of the trip. It is in addition to the fees and charges paid under Emergency Medical and Associated Expenses.
Delayed Departure, found in section B9 of the policy.
For each insured-person this insurance will pay: under your selected cover option, as specified in your Policy Schedule:
- £50 for each 12 hour delay up to a maximum of £200 Super cover
- £60 for each 12 hour delay up to a maximum of £240 Super Duper cover
You, or anyone insured on this policy, were denied boarding by your transport provider on the outward journey of your trip due to having or being suspected of having an infectious disease including Covid-19;